Just after only 2 days of placing the ad, I sold the car to a young mechanic. He said that his original plan was to place some modifications on it and sell it, but he may keep it because cars with flip up headlights are hard to find.
To many, it was too loud (because I put in a new exhaust system), too low to the ground(but I didn't mind), unsuitable for Iowa winters due to its rear wheel drive(parking lot doughnuts, anyone?), and downright dangerous because it lacked airbags, but I liked that car a lot.
To me, that some of the most memorable moments of high school happened in or around that car: hanging out after the halftime marching band shows, awkward dances and dates, and splitting a 24 pack of Mountain Dew with Aaron J. while rocking out to Tenacious D's "Tribute". It was in that car that I had my first encounter with the police, where I and a good friend were falsely accused of burglary because the thief got away in a car with flip up headlights like mine.
In college I used it to escape the "bubble" of my university,to transport a whole drumset or string bass to the jazz gigs that paid my rent, and made countless 3am trips to McDonalds and Dennys where my fraternity brothers and I discussed football, alien probes, the next great prank or whatever else was on our minds while waiting for the sunrise and 8am class.
I am sure going to miss those headlights.
No comments:
Post a Comment