Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Busy? With what?"

I have been in Kazakhstan for exactly one month. However, due to being busy and having limited access to the Internet, I imagine this will take a little bit longer to post.

Since arriving in Kazakhstan, I haven't talked to a lot of my friends and family at home nor had time or capability to send emails until recently. This is because I have been very busy.

"Busy? With what?" asked the Green-Eyed lady and my best friend from St. Kathy's, who I was been lucky enough to talk on the phone once since arriving here.

Simply put, I've been busy with Peace Corps Training (referred to as PST). PST occupies my time from 8am-whenever we are done, Monday- Saturday. The goals of PST are to enable people to become volunteers by giving them knowledge and tools to be successful in Kazakhstan. That's right, I'm not a volunteer yet. But I hope to be in November. Until then, I've been busy with:
  • Learning Russian and Kazakh
  • Learning how to survive in a drastically different culture
  • Working with a Kazakhstani NGO
  • Teaching English
  • Eating

Thus I've had no time to actually write anything of substance, because when I do have time, I am eating or sleeping.

In the meantime, I've written some emails in which I've explained some of the things I am doing. While this may seem like the "cheater's way out" of blogging, this will have to do until I have some time to create a proper update, which I hope will happen sometime in the near future. They are dated on the day I wrote them, so you will have to scroll down to read them.

Enjoy!

~Kyle

1 comment:

Hilary Patience said...

I'm so glad you are writing in your journal! It's great to hear about what's going on over there. I'm going to refer my friends who are curious about your adventure to your blog.

Keep your chin up!