Saturday, September 20, 2008

Letter: Weather Report

In a letter to everyone, and possibly you:

...I arrived safely in Kazakhstan and the last month has been a whirlwind of learning Russian and Kazakh, teaching some English, and working for a local NGO. So far, I am enjoying my time here and am learning a lot. Between now and November I am living in a small town called Issyk, which is located about 50 km from a major city called Almaty. I am living with a wonderful host family that feeds me too much (every day my host mother says that she must fatten me up for the winter). However, there may be some truth to her words: already the weather gets below freezing at night and during the day heats up to about 50. Issyk is in the southeastern corner of Kazakhstan, and there have already been reports of snow and freezing temps during the day in some of the northern areas (think Siberia)...

No comments: