Although this is a hoot, this isn't mine. The following list has been stolen from so many volunteer's blogs that I don't even know where it originated. It is more geared to a returned Peace Corps Volunteer (I'm only on vacation and will be returning), but I'm posting it because I've been in the US for 3 whole days and I'm already on pace to violate all of these rules by the end of the week.. As much as it sounds stupid, being back isn't all that it's cracked up to be.
3 comments:
oh boy...that's hilarious. it really gives you a picture of the day to day work that you do in Kazakhstan...
about asking about nationality... a few weeks ago, I met a couple adopting a baby from Kazakhstan. nearly the first question off my tongue was, "Is it Kazakh or Russian?" But I'm sure they would have said, "Uh... Kazakhstsani." There's also a black girl that works at a cafe in my city that is clearly a local. I keep wanting to say, "Vy otkuda? Kakova nationalidad?" But I just can't bring myself to do it.
Hi, K-Chuck. Found your blog looking for Kazakh weather. Go figure. Anyhow, I enjoyed reading it. You sound like you had fun.
How did you access your blog in Kazakhstan? I was there for a week in Mid-Jan (Kostanay) and could not get on my blog at all. I was told in Kazakhstan blogs were blocked as they were considered mass media and subject to all the usual restrictions.
I will be going back and don't want to miss out.
You an reach me at allen.hingston@sasktel.net.
Thanks
Al
Post a Comment